Did you know that aerospace manufacturing technology is one of the most rapidly changing and innovative industries in the world?
In this guide, we will explore some of the most cutting-edge aerospace manufacturing technologies that are being used today. From air and space travel to additive manufacturing and AR, we will cover it all!
Aerospace Manufacturing Technology: Air And Space Travel
Space travel took off in 2021, as new companies rose up and dominated public space travel. With the development of reusable spacecraft, space tourism is now more accessible than ever before - and it's only going to get more popular in the coming years.
The need for safety in air and space travel is now more important than ever. Specifically, material handling that can ensure the safe movement and positioning of expensive equipment is a critical part of aerospace manufacturing. By using the latest technologies, manufacturers can ensure that their products are safe for air and space travel.
Aerospace Manufacturing Technology: Interior Cabin Design
The interior cabin of a jet or aircraft is one of the most important aspects of its design. It's where passengers will be, so it needs to be comfortable and stylish. In the past, aircraft interiors were often very plain and functional. But as private jets have become more popular, there is a greater demand for luxury and comfort in the cabin.
Aerospace manufacturers are now using advanced technologies to create beautiful, modern interiors that are both comfortable and stylish. Thanks to these new technologies, passengers can enjoy a truly luxurious experience in the cabin of their private jet.
Some of the latest technologies being used in aircraft interior design include:
- LED Lighting: This type of lighting is becoming increasingly popular in aircraft interiors because it is more energy-efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs. LED lights can be used to create a variety of different effects, such as creating a relaxing mood or highlighting important features in the cabin.
- Ultrasuede: This synthetic suede fabric is often used in luxury vehicles and furniture because of its softness and durability. It can be used to create luxurious upholstery for seats and other surfaces in the cabin.
- Carbon Fiber: This strong and lightweight material is often used in the construction of aircraft fuselages and wings. It is also being used more frequently in the interior of high-class aircraft, for items such as storage bins and tray tables.
- Reclining Seats: One of the most important features in modern private jets is the seating, and comfortable reclining seats are an absolute must. This allows passengers to relax in comfort during long flights. New innovation in seat design ensures that even the most reclined seats still offer a good level of support, comfort, and style.
- Luxury Business Class: Today, many airlines offer a luxury business class cabin, with seats that recline fully flat and have direct aisle access. This makes it easier for passengers to work or sleep during their flight. Luxury business class seats include features such as massage functions, privacy panels, and personal storage areas.
Aerospace Manufacturing Technology: Improved Certification & Testing
With more and more critics taking aim at aerospace manufacturing, it's important to remember the many ways in which the industry has improved in recent years. One area that has seen significant progress is certification and testing.
In the past, aircraft manufacturers would have to rely on third-party certification companies to certify their products. This process was often lengthy and expensive. Today, however, many manufacturers have their own in-house certification departments, which allows them to speed up the process and keep costs down.
The RCO Certification Dept offers FAA seat and divan TSO approval processes, which include static, dynamic, and flammability test plans. We also perform durability testing, static testing, fatigue testing, and environmental chamber testing in our 25,000 sq ft lab.
In 2022, expect to see more aircraft manufacturers obtain their own certifications in-house. This will help to reduce costs and speed up the process.
Aerospace Manufacturing Technology: Reuse and Repair
Being a good global citizen doesn't stop at conserving energy or reducing your carbon footprint. It's also important to think about how you can reuse what would otherwise be waste.
In the aerospace industry, there are many examples of components that can be reused. For example, when an aircraft is retired from service, its engines are removed and sent to a facility where they can be disassembled, cleaned, and inspected. The parts that are still in good condition can be reused on other aircraft.
This process is not only good for the environment, but it's also good for business. Reusing components can save aerospace manufacturers millions of dollars each year.
So, when you're thinking about aerospace manufacturing technology in 2022, don't forget to think about the environment, too. RCO Engineering specializes in seats, seat components, and repairs for the commercial aerospace industry. Give us a call to learn more about our products and services.
Stay Up To Date With The Latest Aerospace Manufacturing Technologies
From interior parts to seating, interior plastics, and more, RCO Engineering is your one-stop-shop for all your aerospace manufacturing technology needs. As we move into 2022, we're committed to staying up-to-date with the latest aerospace manufacturing technologies.
So, if you're looking for an aerospace manufacturer that can provide you with the latest and greatest technology, look no further than RCO Engineering. Contact us today to learn more
Work with professional manufacturers today!